Saturday, March 17, 2012

Human Pain and The Hope It Produces

Nobody ever said it doesn’t hurt to be human, but too few people say how beautiful our existence is or how filled each of our days can be with hope, if we let love in. As I grow older and feel my youth (and my youthful thinking) gently slipping away from me, I realize I’ve acquired a type of wisdom, that I always feared I’d gain. Deep down I always knew this inescapable knowledge would come my way, but I pushed it off. This is the kind of awareness that understands what a soul feels like when it aches, the kind that knows what it means when you’re just on the edge of a dream and you don’t know if you should follow it through, or say goodbye forever, the kind that wonders if true, lasting, romantic love is a real thing or just something someone told us to believe in...but even with this unbearable knowledge, and these unceasing questions, comes hope.

For every question we ask that has a possibly heartbreaking answer, there is the other side. Your answer could be positive, or it could be that the answer you thought to be negative, was a blessing disguising itself as a tragedy.The truth is, we just don’t know until we’ve gone through life. Just know this: The Universe, God and your intuition always know better than your fear.  And if we’re open to it, the readily available hope allows us to see that this world is intricately connected, that there are miracles waiting for us at every given moment and most importantly, that every person we know can have a positive impact on our lives, if we let them: if we let ourselves learn from them and love them.

So what do you choose to focus on? The potentially crippling knowledge that your soul has learned, or the peace and gratitude for having a soul that is able to learn and grow? I guess the choice is up to you. But I sure wouldn’t waste my existence on the physical plane complaining over how much I’ve learned, especially since that is our mission while here. To love and to learn, that’s it. It’s pretty simple, right? Let’s not over complicate it.

With ample love and on-going knowledge acquisition,

Lolo

No comments:

Post a Comment