Monday, February 11, 2013

62 Years of Love

My Grandparents were married for 62 years before my Grandpa passed away this past January. I wanted to share a note from my Grandma to my Grandpa on his 70th Birthday. This small bit of writing alone gives me faith that the love we have all dreamed of exits in the world. Read up for inspiration:

Dear Larry My One & Only,

When I met you, I had no idea how much my life was about to be change, but then, how could I have known, a love like ours happens only once in a lifetime. You are a miracle to me, the one I had ever dreamed of, the one I thought only existed in my imagination and when you came into my life, I realized that what I had always thought was happiness, couldn’t compare to the joy loving you brought me. The love we shared has brought us five wonderful children and five beautiful grandchildren* You are a part of everything I think, do and feel and with you by my side I believe that anything is possible. 
This birthday gives me a chance to thank you for the miracle of you. You are & always will be the love of my life forever.
Happy Birthday with all my love,
Elida

*Shout out to Robert Jr who came into the picture round 06 to make it six beautiful Grandchildren


And now one from Grandpa--> 
 
From Your Sweetheart Larry

TO ELIDA THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, ON HER 70TH BIRTHDAY
MAY YOU HAVE INFINITELY MORE YEARS TO COME.

You always have given yourself to your family & others. Your love, understanding, time, labor, making drapes, shears, curtains, etc. Baby sitting your Grand children doing for your Family and Other's. We all love You.

I remember the first time I set eyes on you at Harry & Almas where Joe was playing at the time. You came in with Santa & Co. I was with someone else at the time. I was mesmerized with your beauty. It was love at first sight. I knew then I would marry you if you would have me. Proof of that was that I proposed on our second or third date. I always thought love at first sight, was a lot of bull, but believe me, it wasn't. 

I might have been the bull, but you were the Matador. You put the Sword in my heart for life. They used to Call me the Sicilian Sword, when I was young, but my northern Italian Beauty got my heart forever. You have given me 5 Wonderful Children and five (6 now) Beautiful GrandChildren. You have given me 46 years of love, encouragement, friendship, companionship.
 
You truly are my Love, Best Friend, my Ginger Rogers Dance Partner.
I would be lost without you. I hope and pray that we can dance the Lindy together till we are 100+ years old. I love you with all my heart. P.S. Even when you get after me for my T.V.'s, Pitney Bowes/Insurance supplies and 28 File Cabinets and my procrastination.
 
Love,
 
Lar The Sicilian Sword :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment