Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maya Angelou

"I've still not written as well as I'd like to write.I want to write so that the reader in Des Moines, Iowa and Chaohu, China and Cape Town, South Africa, and Harlem and Boston...I want to write so that, that reader can say, you know, that's the truth.’” - Maya Angelou 

True heroes keep searching for truth, no matter how renown, famous or secure they are in their artistry. There's always more. And it's this constant searching that makes you an artist. It's this thirst for authenticity that makes you someone to revere. Doctor Maya Angelou was one of my greatest heroes. Her simple phrase "Nothing Human is Alien To Me," inspired me to write the lyrics to the first song I ever dared to create by myself. Her artistry induced the creativity of millions. She was a teacher to the world and she will be greatly missed. Without ever knowing her, she touched my life beyond any description words can provide. Rest in peace, sweet angel, the world will miss your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment